Hope Chapel lead pastor Bryan Finley, missions pastor Charles Balan, and long-time missionary friend Glenda Abbe join Danny, Lindy and the African Team in Mozambique for two and a half weeks of ministry. During that time,
- 4 outreaches were held,
- a seminar was held in the district of Macanga,
- gifts for two sets of orphans were organized,
- a newly completed church building was dedicated in Kamnadzi,
- 2 baptisms were held in rivers, healing services were held in existing churches,
- Foursquare churches within about two hours walking distance were brought together at the Wheresoever mission base,
- home groups were visited,
- wells were repaired,
- and other miscellaneous activities such as tours of the area and praying for the large Foursquare church that is being built.
During this trip, nearly 2,000 persons accepted Jesus Christ into their lives and hearts. Hallellujah! And the Holy Spirit confirmed each step through many signs and wonders. "The blind see and the lame walk; ... and the poor have the gospel preached to them" (Matt 11:5). We were excited to be part of each of these.
Another purpose of this trip was to investigate possible future relationships between Hope Chapel Apex in North Carolina and one or more churches or pastors in Mozambique. We pray and have faith that this relationship will develop over the next few months - especially with the Foursquare Church in Vila Ulongue.
The Sunday after returning home to North Carolina, Pastor Bryan shared his experiences and views with the congregation. You can hear the audio with background photos from the trip by clicking the first video below (36 min.). We did not have background photos for all the items talked about, so we substituted other related photographs from the trip.
Or if you don't have enough time right now, you may want to hear one of these two exerpts which are also part of the full report:
- Mission trip members, Wheresoever background (early days), and one story of the girl who had just had a C-Section and was trying to get home. (3.7 min.)
- Story of the night outreach including the formerly blind lady, now healed. (5.3 min.)
FULL REPORT (Includes Exerpts 1 & 2) (36 min.)
EXERPT 1 (4 min.) EXERPT 2 (5 min.)
These are some pictorial highlights of some of the activities: